YouTube Shorts was rolled out on July 12, 2021 all around the world.
YouTube has launched its shorts feature to make brief videos through the YouTube app because it wants to compete with other social media platforms such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook stories.
You can use the camera of your smartphone to record short videos and then instantly upload them on your YouTube channel.
The default length of a YouTube shorts video is 15 seconds but you can also create a lengthy video of up to one minute.
Now the feature of YouTube shorts is available in more than a hundred countries means half of the world can use this feature of YouTube. You can easily make a youtube short on mobile from the bottom of the YouTube app homepage.
Currently, the YouTube shorts cannot be monetized with ads but still, they can affect your number of views and subscribers as you can direct the people to your monetized YouTube channel.
There is a dedicated fund of $100 million issued by the YouTube company to help the community of YouTube shorts.
How to make YouTube Shorts on Mobile?
Here is the step by steps method to make youtube shorts on phone:
- Sign in to your YouTube app and if you don’t have then you can download it from the Google Play store.
- Then just tap on the create button. It will be in the form of a plus symbol in the bottom center.
- From the pop-up, you have to tap on the create a shot that contains an icon of the camera next to it.
- If you are using the option for the first time then your device will ask for permission to allow the YouTube app to use the microphone and camera of your smartphone.
- After approval, it will take you to the recording page of the YouTube shorts.
- The default recording length of the YouTube shorts is 15 seconds. But it can also be increased to one minute by tapping on the number “15” located above the record button.
- You can also speed up or slow down the recording by tapping the speed icon of the speedometer.
- Under the speed, you can also set a particular time for your camera to start without you tapping on the timer.
- Once all get ready you just have to press the record button. When you tap again it will stop the recording. After that, you can tap again to record the next part of the same video.
- Now tap on the checkmark from the right bottom to preview the video and add some text, filters, and music after recording.
- Then add the video title and adjust the settings. Now press the upload button and it will be uploaded to your YouTube shorts account.
How do I Upload existing Short on Youtube?
Follow the procedure below to upload an existing short video on YouTube:
- First, you have to choose a video that you want to upload. Launch the YouTube app from your android and then tap on the create button located on the bottom of the screen. Then from the bottom right corner of the screen choose and upload a short video of 60 seconds.
- Then you need to add the video details. Tap next from the screen. You can use the text and music icons from the bottom left corner to add the background music and caption the video. After that just tap next from the top right corner. In the title field, you have to enter the video name.
- Now upload the video. You have to tap on the top right corner to upload the YouTube short video on YouTube.
Requirements to make YouTube shorts on mobile:
- The YouTube shorts video must be shot in the vertical orientation.
- You can also use the audio from YouTube’s library but the length of the video must be up to 15 seconds.
- The length of the YouTube shorts can be up to 60 seconds. It could be one video or a combination of more than one video.
How to make youtube shorts on android?
Open the YouTube app from your android. Then tap on the create button it will be in the form of a plus button. Now a pop-up will appear and you have to tap on the create a short button. When you tap again the video will be finished. Now you can upload it on your channel.
Can you make youtube shorts on Android?
Yes, that is quite an easy process to make the YouTube shorts on android. Open the YouTube app which you already have on your android.
From the bottom of the screen, you will find the create button, click on it to record the shorts video, and then click again to finish. In this way, you can make the shorts on android.
What are YouTube shorts?
YouTube shorts is a latest feature of YouTube that allows you to connect with the audience with the help of a smartphone by recording a short video with camera of the YouTube app.
One can easily create YouTube shorts by using the YouTube shorts creation tools.
Anyone can use this tool to make 60 seconds long video with a multi-segment camera.
Is there any App for YouTube shorts?
Currently, the YouTube shorts are in beta testing mode.
You can use the YouTube app to create YouTube short videos with the short video creation tools available almost all around the world in the YouTube app. Once it gets ready you have to tap on the record button
How do you get shorts on youtube?
For this, you have to open the YouTube app from the smartphone.
Once you open the app there will be a Short section that can be found from the bottom of the screen. Then you will find the explore tab instead of the shorts button.
How do you get youtube shorts on mobile?
To get YouTube shorts you have to open an existing Youtube app from your mobile. You just have to scroll down a little and there will be a “Shorts” section.
After that, you will see that a “Shorts” button has been replaced by the “Explore” tab at the bottom of the screen along with the buttons of “Library”, “Home”, “Create” and “subscription”.
How do I access Youtube shorts?
You access the YouTube shorts from your YouTube app on your phone. When you open the YouTube app there will be a shorts section. From here you can access and watch the YouTube shorts videos.
How do I watch youtube shorts?
YouTube shorts can be found and watched from the main mobile app of YouTube.
If you want to watch the YouTube shorts just open the YouTube app that you already have on your smartphone. Then just scroll down slightly and then you will find a shorts section.
How do I get YouTube Shorts on my Tab?
Currently, the YouTube shorts do not work on tablets. But here is the step-by-step method that you can follow to use the YouTube shorts on tablets. This method will definitely work for you.
- First, open the settings of your tab.
- Then you have to click on the tablet.
- After that, open the software information.
- Now you have to tap on the builder number for 7 times.
- Then you have to open the developer options.
- Then tap on the minimum width and make it 580.
- If you have followed the above methods exactly the same then your YouTube shorts will start working on the tablet.
Why do I not have youtube shorts?
You can try a VPN if the YouTube shorts option is not showing on your YouTube app. You will get a dedicated YouTube Shorts option when opening the YouTube mobile app.
Now just tap on it and then you have to scroll through unlimited videos. You can also create short videos by tapping on the plus icon and then recording videos through the shorts camera.
That’s it, After finding the YT shorts button you can make youtube shorts on your mobile easily.
Which app is best for making youtube shorts on mobile?
Here we have listed some of the best apps to make YouTube shorts.
- Video Maker for YouTube
- Adobe Premiere
How do I Edit YouTube Shorts on My Phone (any phone)?
Search the YouTube short video that you have uploaded. Then you have to tap on the pencil icon to edit the YouTube shorts video on your phone. After that, you have to scroll down to the thumbnail section. You will also get an option to add a custom thumbnail to your short video.
How do I edit Youtube shorts on android?
Find the YouTube short video that you want to edit. Now click on the pencil and edit the short videos. You will also find an option to add a thumbnail by scrolling down to the thumbnail section.
Can youtube shorts be edited?
Yes, YouTube shorts can be edited though it is integrated with the YouTube app and in beta testing. While editing the only elements that you can add to your short videos include captions and background music.
How do I enable YouTube shorts?
To enable the YouTube shorts you have to open the YouTube app. After that scroll down to the bottom and you will find the shorts section there.
Why are my YouTube shorts not showing?
Caches of the YouTube app can also be one of the reasons why your YouTube shorts are not showing.
Which means you should clear the YouTube app’s cache and check if the issue is fixed now or not. Here is the method to clear the cache from the YouTube app:
- Visit the settings tab of your android and open the apps and notifications tab.
- Then you will find the list of apps. Now you have to tap on YouTube and it will take you to the app information page.
- Then you have to tap on the Storage & cache and tap on “Clear Cache” from the next page.
Once all done then you have to restart the app and login with your credentials. Hope your problem will be fixed.
Is there any App to download youtube shorts?
You can use the open-source apps to download the YouTube shorts. You can download and install an app from the Google Play store even download Instagram reels and other videos.
You should be thankful to some open source video downloading apps such as New Pipe which you can use to download videos from the YouTube shorts.
Are youtube shorts monetized?
Yes, YouTube shorts can be monetized. YouTube has focused on helping creators by monetizing the YouTube shorts and transforming them into a strong news revenue stream.
One of the important things that you must remember is that shorts can be monetized even if you are not a part of the program. It reflects that shorts monetization is also available for the brand new channels as well as small brands.
If you want to know about the YouTube shorts like how to create and upload YouTube shorts on your YouTube channel.
Then here we have answered almost every kind of question about the YouTube shorts that you may have in your mind.