Here’s an easy and step-by-step guide on how to delete duplicate files in your iPhone, Mac, and Google Drive.
You’ll need to follow these steps to find and delete duplicate files in Google Drive, Mac, and Android phones.
How to delete duplicate files in the Google drive
Follow the below simple steps to delete duplicate files in Google drive.
- Head towards Google Drive in your browser and log in.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click List View.
- Then, organize your files by name.
- Google renames duplicate files with “Copy of”.
- Select the files you want to delete.
- Click the Trash icon.
How to Delete Google Drive duplicate files Manually
If you are not able to manually search for files the way you would expect, you don’t need to worry.
Using a duplicate file finder like Gemini 2 can help you to speed things for you.
Gemini 2 doesn’t log in to your Google Drive to scan it, so you need to download and store your files locally.
If you are using a corporate version of Drive called Google Workspace, you may have already configured it.
Otherwise, you may need to first download the Google Backup and Sync app to sync with your Mac.
After you download the files, you can find duplicates in Google Drive with Gemini 2 like this.
Gemini 2 needs to be downloaded and unlocked.
- Press Custom Folder> Select Google Drive.
- Then, open Duplicate> Scan.
- Gemini 2 – Scan the Google Drive folder
When you have completed the scan, Gemini 2’s algorithm will select the best version of each file to hold and delete other copies by pressing the Smart Cleanup button.
Or you’ll have to review the scan results, and Gemini 2 will group your exact copies and similar files and it will be easier for you to choose which one you want to keep and Which ones you want to delete.
How to delete duplicate files on your android phone:
Here you will find tips on how to delete duplicate files on your phone.
if you’re worried about having too many duplicate files on your phone.
Then don’t worry at all. Because we will tell you the solution to your problem.
Basically here, we will discuss how to copy a file and delete duplicate files.
You can also search for identical files on your device and delete all the files that are not in your use, this will help you a lot in freeing up space.
- You must first download the files from Google to your device.
- Then, open the files via Google.
- Click Clean on the new page.
- On the screen of duplicate files, release by pressing Select.
- After selecting and releasing, the amount of space you will save will be displayed.
- Here, select the files you want to delete. (These files are almost identical files that take up space. The Files app must have a saved copy whenever you select and delete duplicate files.)
- After you select, then press Continue to confirm if you want to permanently delete your files by pressing Delete.
Here are some benefits of deleting duplicate files:
- This helps speed up the performance of your device
- It also increases storage.
Duplicate files can also be easily found. If you want to delete some unnecessary files, You can also download and install the highly replicated Photo Finder app for Android from the Play Store on your device.
How to delete duplicate files on your Mac Using Finder App
Duplicate files are often downloaded by mistake (due to double-clicking on the link), mail and message attachments, or many other possibilities.
Unless you’re an exceptionally angry Mac user, advertising can go one way or the other.
You can easily find duplicate files on your system by using the Smart Folders feature in Finder.
- You need to open the Finder app.
- Then go to File> New Smart Folder.
- Press the ‘+’ button in the upper right corner.
- Now you can easily find documents, images, music, or any other file type.
- The important thing is how you sort the results. When ordering by name, they would bring any duplicate documents that are not difficult for you to find.
How to find & delete duplicate files on your Mac: Smart Folders
You can find some quality third-party apps for this purpose.
There are several duplicate file finder apps on the Mac App Store that automatically detect your system and recommend file doubles that can be deleted.
Duplicate File Finder Remover and Duplicate Cleaner are available for free.
You might as well try the Duplicate Find feature of the parallel toolbox, which will give you a free trial.
Most of these features will be offered to you, in which you will be asked to scan the app to your hard drive, then you will be presented with a list of duplicates along with the original files to delete. It will be nice for you.
FAQs on deleting duplicate files in Google Drive, Android, and Mac
Can I find and delete duplicates in Google Drive?
- On your Android device, you need to open the files via Google.
- At the bottom, press Clean.
- On the “Duplicate Files” card, select Select Files.
- Select the files you want to delete.
- Below, tap Delete.
- In the confirmation dialog, click Delete.
Can I find duplicate files in Google Drive?
Search for Duplicate Files. Once you have launched the App, choose “Google Drive” under ‘Scan Mode‘.
Then, log in to your Google Account, and give access to Easy Duplicate Finder.
When access is granted. Then the program will scan the metadata of your Google Drive file to identify the duplicates.
Can I delete duplicate files on my Mac for free?
MacClean is a free tool that helps you find and remove duplicate photos, songs, apps, documents, and other files from your Mac.
Can I delete duplicate files on my Macbook Pro?
You must right-click on any type of duplicate files and select “Transfer to Trash”.
If you want to permanently remove it from your system, you’ll need to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash in your Mac desktop.
The above steps will guide you to make enough storage space in your Google Drive, Android phone, and Mac.
We hope this article helps you make the best use of your Google Drive storage space.