A rich text format file is called an RTF extension file.
As you may know, plain text is stored in a plain text file, while the RTF files include additional information about font styling, formatting, images, and more.
They’re great for sharing cross-platform documents because they are supported by a great number of apps.
How to Open RTF file With Google Drive
- Click My Drive and select the Upload Files option from the menu.
- Select the RTF file to save to Google Drive, and press the OK button.
- When your selected document is added to Google Drive, right-click the RTF file icon on the Google Drive page and select Open as well.
- You can then choose to open it in Google Docs as described below.
- It should be noted that opening RTF in Google Docs will create a second copy of the document in Google Drive in GDOC file format, which is a modified file.
- Squeeze the file, select it as download, and select Rich Text Format to bring the file back to RTF when you have finished editing Google Docs.
- A rich text file can also be opened within Chrome and other browsers that support Google’s web apps.
- Google Drive is cloud storage that allows you to save documents and then edit them through documents and slides.
- Google Drive also gives you 15 GB of storage without a subscription fee. You can set up a Google+ account to suit your needs, and then open an RTF file in Google Drive as indicated above.
- Open Online RTF Documents in Google Chrome
- To add Documents Online Viewer extension to Google Chrome, first, open the Google Web Store.
- Then open the RTF document in Chrome by typing the sample keyword RTF document file into Google.
- You will now see a list of three RTF documents at the top of the Google search page.
- Click to View this RTF file button with one of these links to open the document in Chrome.
Open RTF documents in Google Drive to edit them.
Or open Rich Text Format documents in the Browser tabs with Documents Online Viewer. Search engines can also open in Chrome with an online viewer of RTF files or documents linked to website pages.
This extension supports rich text formats to allow you to open online RTF documents in Chrome.
How to open the RTF files on computers
WordPad is a completely free word processing tool that comes with Microsoft Windows.
You can configure fonts, insert images, and more. WordPad only supports RTF, Docx ODT, and TXT formats.
This process is not necessary. If you don’t want it, you can turn it off.
- Right-click on the RTF file and you will now see the “OpenWid” command or similar command to select and open the application.
- In the popup window, a list of applications will appear that can open RTF files.
- Choose the one you want to use. You can also choose “Always use this application to open .rtf files” to make this app the default reader.
- Finally, press the “OK” button to open the file in WordPad. It is also possible to edit an RTF file using the toolbar editing tools.
Open RTF File with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, PDF Converter doesn’t cause any problems for you. That is a good PDF option for working anywhere.
With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, scanned documents, images, web pages, and Microsoft Office files, etc. can be converted to PDF files that can be edited.
Just open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you may get hurt immediately.
- First, download and install the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC software.
- After opening the software, press “Open” to open the RTF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- The RTF file will now be converted to a PDF file. You can view and edit it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Then export the converted PDF file to RTF file. Click “File”> “Export”> “Rich Text Format”.
Google Chrome is a secure, fast, and free browser for all your devices.
Here you can get the most out of the web. Extensions can be added through the Chrome Web Store.
Then with the use of extensions, many files like PDF, RTF, Docx, etc. can also be opened.
- Download and install the browser on your computer.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for “Documents Online Viewer”, then click the “Add to Chrome” button to extend Google Chrome.
- Now open the Documents Online Viewer page in Chrome.
- Click the “View .docx File” button with the sample on this page to open a sample of the Word document in Google Chrome. You will find the RTF file.
- Open the text edit application on your Mac.
- To select an RTF file, select “File”> “Open”.
- If you need to see the RTF instructions in the RTF files, select “Text Edit”> “Preferences”, then click the “Open and Save” button.
- After all, to open the RTF file, select “Display RTF files as RTF code instead of format text”.
Convert RTF files on your PC to PDF using Adobe Reader DC
The easiest and most secure way to open an RTF file on your PC is to convert it from Adobe Reader DC to PDF.
This will save your file and make it easier for you to share. It also allows you to convert files to PDF and makes it easy for you to share.
Here are all the features offered to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:
- Open a large variety of files.
- Create PDF documents.
- You can also convert PDF to Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Passwords can also be added to documents.
- Digital signatures may also be included.
How to open RTF in android
- You can Use the FullReader to read RTF files on Android smartphones and tablets.
- Get a full reader from Google Play, install it on your mobile device and launch it. It will instantly tell you about the main options and meaningful areas of the interface, and then you can open and search this document in RTF format.
- If you already have a file, scan it so that the full reader can pick it up and add it to its data list. To do this, go to the side menu and select Scanning.
- If the application displays a list of the results in the requested format, you can open the required item. Just tap in this list. It is not difficult to understand how to read RTF files on Android.
- It is also possible for you to adjust the page size when you open the document.
- Launch the Quick Settings menu.
- The screen brightness level in the book reading window is no longer the same as before, and the black theme reduces eye strain.
Finding a file in FullReader on Android
The app will manage the supported files as well as help the user to find the necessary items and sort them according to their default criteria.
That way, by closing the document file you are reading, it can be accessed again in several ways.
- Go to the current section.
- Launch the Main Side menu and select Home.
- The full reader helps to maintain and open by the user in recent times – that file probably. The app can only open it on the page you last visited.
- You need to go to the My Library section from the full reader side menu. There are also standard sections for sorting files, all formats will be the last in line.
- To get there, swipe the titles to the left and open the container marked with the required format.
- Open all the books again by using Explorer – this will save the files there in-supported formats.
How do I open an RTF file in Word?
- Open the Word document.
- From the File button, select the savings from the menu.
- Rename the file.
- Press the Save button of your choice.
- Scroll down the list of file types in rich text format.
- Click Save.
How do I convert an RTF file to PDF?
Install the RTF file on the PDF app and open it. Go to Google Play App Store and find the RTF file in PDF, you have to install it on your Android phone, then open the app.
Upload your RTF file to convert it into PDF.
How do I open an RTF file in Chrome?
Go to your Google Drive and look for the upload icon. When you click it, select Files and Open the RTF file.
How do I convert RTF to PDF for free?
- Select files from a computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL, or by dragging them to a page.
- Select PDF or any other format you need.
- Download your PDF.
It doesn’t matter if you use Windows, Mac, or Android. In this article, we will find the most suitable ways to open the RTF file.
If you do not agree with any of them you can let us know in the comments section.