The screenshot is an operation that helps you to capture the image from the desktop of your PC.
It helps you during your work when you have to capture some important images from a site or web page so that you can display them in front of your employees or co-workers while having an online meeting.
In the modern age of technology, it is one of the interesting facts that you can take a snap and capture any moment of your life.
Here we will discuss how to take a screenshot on HP and dell laptop.
How to take a Screenshot on HP Laptop
As HP is one of the world’s leading and best PC Manufacturing company, it is trying to make computer technology more convenient and advance.
Here we will explain to you how to take a screenshot on HP laptop by using different ways and methods like using different screenshot software and by using different combinations of keys.
- Default Method to Take a Screenshot
- Screenshot of A Selective Portion
- Snipping Tool Application
- Snagit Screenshot Application
Default Method to Take a Screenshot
As we know that most operating systems of Chrome or Windows are used in Desktop computers and laptops of HP.
Usually, a print screen button is located on the top right side of the HP keyboard.
The text written on the key is not a screenshot rather it would be like PrtSC or PrtScn.
By using this key button you can take a screenshot of your desktop screen at any moment you want.
One important thing that you must remember is that the screenshot of your desktop screen will not be saved automatically on your PC.
The process to save your screenshot is explain here:
- To take a screenshot of your desktop screen you have to press the PrintScreen key plus windows key at a time. For a moment your desktop screen will become dim or a little bit dark that indicates the screenshot has been taken.
- Now open any type of editing software or programs on your PC like Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, GIMP, and PaintShop.
- After this simply open an image and then paste your screenshot thereby pressing the key CTRL+V. Otherwise, you can also paste a screenshot by right-clicking and pressing the paste option.
- Now you can save your screenshot as a PNG or JPG file and you can place your file at your desired place on your PC from where you can easily access it and share it with other people.
Screenshot of A Selective Portion
You can also take a screenshot of the specific portion of your screen. This can be done with the help of selective screenshotting.
For this, you have to use a sketch and snip feature. It’s quite easy to do.
A default feature was also introduced in the laptops having the operating system of windows 10 with an update of October 2018 that allow their users to take the snap of a selective portion of your desktop screen without using any type of screenshot software or application. The process to take a selective screenshot is given below:
- You have to click the S+shift+Windows key at the same time. This action will display a white screen or overly in front of you and will turn your cursor into a crosshair cursor.
- Now just select the portion of your desktop screen you want to take a snap or screenshot of. The snapshot will be copied on the clipboard of your PC and will disappear from the screen of your PC.
- Now open any editing application or software you already have on your PC.
- Tap CTRL plus V after opening a new image to paste your screenshot on it.
- Then you have to save your snapshot as a PNG or JPG file and save it at your desired place or folder or your PC from where you can use it easily.
It does not matter which operating system you are using whether you have Windows, 7, 8, 10, or Windows Vista snipping tool is such an amazing feature that is already integrated into all of these operating systems.
By using a snipping tool you can take any type of screenshot of your desktop screen whether you have to take a full-screen snapshot or screenshot of a selected portion of your desktop screen. It does not matter at all.
Snipping Tool Application
This excellent integrated snipping tool is located in the start menu of your PC. It’s quite easy to use. After accessing this snipping tool you just have to follow these steps are explained below:
- To take a screenshot of your desktop screen with this snipping tool software you have to use the following keys “CTRL+N”
- You will see that your cursor turns into a crosshair cursor. By using this cursor you can select the portion of your screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- There will be a toolbar in the snipping tool software. You will see a disk icon there. Click on the disk icon to save your screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
This snipping tool application contains some useful perks through which you can use different modes. There are three more ways to take a snip except for a snip of standard rectangular.
Snipping Tool Modules
- Free-form snip Mode: One of the interesting modules of snipping tools is Free-form snip. With the help of this mode, you can take a snip in the form of the oval, figure 8’s and circles.
- Windows Snip Mode: Another interesting mode of snipping tool is Windows Snip that helps you to capture your active Window screen with just only one click.
- Full-Screen Snip Mode: This mode allows you to take a screenshot of your complete desktop screen. It is mostly used when you have to capture a dual display screen.
The options of a highlighter and a pen are also available in the snipping tool by using these tools you can point out important things and make annotations on screenshots to clear the things.
Snagit Screenshot Application
Snagit is also a handy software application to take screenshots.
Especially, if you have to edit the photos or you have to make annotations.
The interface of Snagit is easy to use with a number of integrated features that make your task quite easy.
You can take a snapshot from Snagit and also selective screenshotting.
But on the other hand, you can also grab any type of video as well.
This can be done by recording and scrolling your screen.
The process of screen grabbing is given below here:
- First, you have to download the Snagit application software.
- After downloading just open the Snagit software application.
- There will be a red button in circle form at the top of your screen.
- For the screenshot video or screenshot image, you have to select the icon of the camera or the icon of recording for the video.
- Then select the area of the screen you want to take a snapshot or screenshot.
The image of your desktop screen will be displayed in a Snagit software application.
And from there you can make annotations of the image, you can resize, copy, edit and save your screenshot image.
How to take a Screenshot on Hp Tablet?
Taking a screenshot on the Hp tab is quite different as compared to taking a screenshot on an HP laptop.
It does not matter whether the operating system of your tablet is android or Windows.
By following these steps you can easily take a screenshot on your HP tablet.
These steps are given below.
- Hold and press the power button with the volume down button of your HP tablet simultaneously. After a short time of 2 to 3 seconds, there will be a flash on your tablet screen that helps to know that a screenshot has been taken.
- You will find your screenshot image in the photos folder of your tablet.
Super Screenshot Application
Although the integrated photo editor of your PC has the ability to resize and crop an image it could not be much efficient as compared to the software application that allows you to take a selective screenshot.
In the same way, by using a super screenshot you can take a screenshot of a selected portion of the desktop screen.
This software is also furnished with additional features like annotations, text, resizing, and blurring.
It also has an amazing sharing feature through which you can share or send your screenshot image to your desired folder or file location by clicking the share button.
It all completely depends upon you which method you want to choose to save or preserve important images.
This could be anything like that if you are having some interesting and funny conversation with someone and you want to take a screenshot or if you want to capture some informative data.
How to take a Screenshot on Dell Laptop?
You can easily take screenshots from your Dell laptop or Dell desktop computer.
Whether you have a Dell laptop or Dell desktop the process to take a screenshot is the same and simple.
After learning about how to take a screenshot on DELL laptop, you can implement this process each time you need it.
Different methods are available through which you can take screenshots on your desktop computer or laptop.
The fastest and quick way to do it with the help of a key Print Screen.
This key is represented with the text “PrtScn” or “prt sc”. This text is different on each model of Dell laptop.
You will find this key on the top row of your keyboard.
But in most Dell laptops or computers, this key is found along with the delete key.
To take a screenshot of your screen tap the print screen key from your laptop keyboard.
After doing this the complete picture of your desktop screen will be copied to your clipboard.
Now you can paste it on the blank image to save your screenshot image.
There are different ways to use the print screen key.
You can use different combinations of keys from your keyboard.
You can take a screenshot of the complete screen or a specific portion of the screen.
In some laptops, you have to use the function key with the print screen key.
In this case, you have to press the function key and after that, you have to press the print screen key of your laptop keyboard.
Now we will explain the complete and step by step process of how to take a screenshot on DELL laptop
- Go to the webpage of which you want to take a screenshot. As an example, if you want to take a screenshot of a conversation with your friend you have on Facebook.
- Now find the PrtScr key from the keyboard. In Dell laptops mostly it is located on the top right side of the keyboard. Sometimes there is not any type of text written on the print screen key. The text of the print screen is written in different ways.
Some keyboards of Dell have different types of colors as compared to the other keys of the keyboard.
This thing makes it easier for anybody to find the print screen key from the keyboard.
- Now just open the start menu by clicking the windows icon. If you have Windows XP then click the start button located on the left corner of the bottom screen. This can also be done by clicking the windows key from the keyboard.
- In Windows XP select the accessories tab after clicking all programs.
- There will be a painted icon that looks like a cup of paint-brushes. Click this icon.
- Now paste your screenshot by clicking Ctrl+V on image paint.
- Now save this file by clicking on the save button that will appear on your screen.
Related: Dell Laptop BIOS Password Reset Tool
There are different methods to take a screenshot on different devices and on different operating systems.
Above we have discussed all the possible methods and techniques on how to take a screenshot on HP and DELL laptop.
If you got any issues you can comment down, I love reading and replying to your comments.