The screenshot is an operation that helps you to capture the image from the desktop of your PC.
It helps you during your work when you have to capture some important images from a site or web page so that you can display them in front of your employees or co-workers while having an online meeting.
In the modern age of technology, it is one of the interesting facts that you can take a snap and capture any moment of your life.
Here we will discuss how to take a screenshot on HP and Dell laptop.
How to take a Screenshot on HP Laptop?
As HP is one of the world’s leading and best PC Manufacturing companies, it is trying to make computer technology more convenient and advance.
Here we will explain to you how to take a screenshot on HP laptop by using different ways and methods like using different screenshot software and by using different combinations of keys.
- Default Method to Take a Screenshot
- Screenshot of A Selective Portion
- Snipping Tool Application
- Snagit Screenshot Application
Default Method to Take a Screenshot on HP laptop
As we know that most operating systems of Chrome or Windows are used in Desktop computers and laptops of HP.
Usually, a print screen button is located on the top right side of the HP keyboard.
The text written on the key is not a screenshot rather it would be like PrtSC or PrtScn.
By using this key button you can take a screenshot of your desktop screen at any moment you want.
One important thing that you must remember is that the screenshot of your desktop screen will not be saved automatically on your PC.
The process to save your screenshot is explain here:
- To take a screenshot of your desktop screen you have to press the PrintScreen key plus windows key at a time. For a moment your desktop screen will become dim or a little bit dark that indicates the screenshot has been taken.
- Now open any type of editing software or programs on your PC like Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, GIMP, and PaintShop.
- After this simply open an image and then paste your screenshot thereby pressing the key CTRL+V. Otherwise, you can also paste a screenshot by right-clicking and pressing the paste option.
- Now you can save your screenshot as a PNG or JPG file and you can place your file at your desired place on your PC from where you can easily access it and share it with other people.
Screenshot of A Selective Portion
You can also take a screenshot of the specific portion of your screen. This can be done with the help of selective screenshotting.
For this, you have to use a sketch and snip feature. It’s quite easy to do.
A default feature was also introduced in the laptops having the operating system of windows 10 with an update of October 2018 that allows their users to take the snap of a selective portion of their desktop screen without using any type of screenshot software or application. The process to take a selective screenshot is given below:
- You have to click the S+shift+Windows key at the same time. This action will display a white screen or overly in front of you and will turn your cursor into a crosshair cursor.
- Now just select the portion of your desktop screen you want to take a snap or screenshot of. The snapshot will be copied on the clipboard of your PC and will disappear from the screen of your PC.
- Now open any editing application or software you already have on your PC.
- Tap CTRL plus V after opening a new image to paste your screenshot on it.
- Then you have to save your snapshot as a PNG or JPG file and save it at your desired place or folder or your PC from where you can use it easily.
It does not matter which operating system you are using whether you have Windows, 7, 8, 10, or Windows Vista snipping tool is such an amazing feature that is already integrated into all of these operating systems.
By using a snipping tool you can take any type of screenshot of your desktop screen whether you have to take a full-screen snapshot or screenshot of a selected portion of your desktop screen. It does not matter at all.
Snipping Tool Application
This excellent integrated snipping tool is located in the start menu of your PC. It’s quite easy to use. After accessing this snipping tool you just have to follow these steps are explained below:
- To take a screenshot of your desktop screen with this snipping tool software you have to use the following keys “CTRL+N”
- You will see that your cursor turns into a crosshair cursor. By using this cursor you can select the portion of your screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- There will be a toolbar in the snipping tool software. You will see a disk icon there. Click on the disk icon to save your screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
This snipping tool application contains some useful perks through which you can use different modes. There are three more ways to take a snip except for a snip of standard rectangular.
Snipping Tool Modules
- Free-form snip Mode: One of the interesting modules of snipping tools is Free-form snip. With the help of this mode, you can take a snip in the form of the oval, figure 8’s and circles.
- Windows Snip Mode: Another interesting mode of snipping tool is Windows Snip that helps you to capture your active Window screen with just only one click.
- Full-Screen Snip Mode: This mode allows you to take a screenshot of your complete desktop screen. It is mostly used when you have to capture a dual display screen.
The options of a highlighter and a pen are also available in the snipping tool by using these tools you can point out important things and make annotations on screenshots to clear the things.
Snagit Screenshot Application
Snagit is also a handy software application to take screenshots.
Especially, if you have to edit the photos or you have to make annotations.
The interface of Snagit is easy to use with several integrated features that make your task quite easy.
You can take a snapshot from Snagit and also selective screenshotting.
But on the other hand, you can also grab any type of video as well.
This can be done by recording and scrolling your screen.
The process of screen grabbing is given below here:
- First, you have to download the Snagit application software.
- After downloading just open the Snagit software application.
- There will be a red button in circle form at the top of your screen.
- For the screenshot video or screenshot image, you have to select the icon of the camera or the icon of recording for the video.
- Then select the area of the screen you want to take a snapshot or screenshot.
The image of your desktop screen will be displayed in a Snagit software application.
And from there you can make annotations of the image, you can resize, copy, edit and save your screenshot image.
How to take a Screenshot on Hp Tablet?
Taking a screenshot on the Hp tab is quite different as compared to taking a screenshot on an HP laptop.
It does not matter whether the operating system of your tablet is android or Windows.
By following these steps you can easily take a screenshot on your HP tablet.
These steps are given below.
- Hold and press the power button with the volume down button of your HP tablet simultaneously. After a short time of 2 to 3 seconds, there will be a flash on your tablet screen that helps to know that a screenshot has been taken.
- You will find your screenshot image in the photos folder of your tablet.
Super Screenshot Application
Although the integrated photo editor of your PC has the ability to resize and crop an image it could not be much efficient as compared to the software application that allows you to take a selective screenshot.
In the same way, by using a super screenshot you can take a screenshot of a selected portion of the desktop screen.
This software is also furnished with additional features like annotations, text, resizing, and blurring.
It also has an amazing sharing feature through which you can share or send your screenshot image to your desired folder or file location by clicking the share button.
It all completely depends upon you which method you want to choose to save or preserve important images.
This could be anything like that if you are having some interesting and funny conversation with someone and you want to take a screenshot or if you want to capture some informative data.
How to take a Screenshot on Dell Laptop?
You can easily take screenshots from your Dell laptop or Dell desktop computer.
Whether you have a Dell laptop or Dell desktop the process to take a screenshot is the same and simple.
After learning about how to take a screenshot on DELL laptop, you can implement this process each time you need it.
Different methods are available through which you can take screenshots on your desktop computer or laptop.
The fastest and quick way to do it with the help of a key Print Screen.
This key is represented with the text “PrtScn” or “prt sc”. This text is different on each model of Dell laptop.
You will find this key on the top row of your keyboard.
But in most Dell laptops or computers, this key is found along with the delete key.
To take a screenshot of your screen tap the print screen key from your laptop keyboard.
After doing this the complete picture of your desktop screen will be copied to your clipboard.
Now you can paste it on the blank image to save your screenshot image.
There are different ways to use the print screen key.
You can use different combinations of keys from your keyboard.
You can take a screenshot of the complete screen or a specific portion of the screen.
In some laptops, you have to use the function key with the print screen key.
In this case, you have to press the function key and after that, you have to press the print screen key of your laptop keyboard.
Now we will explain the complete and step by step process of how to take a screenshot on DELL laptop
- Go to the webpage of which you want to take a screenshot. As an example, if you want to take a screenshot of a conversation with your friend you have on Facebook.
- Now find the PrtScr key from the keyboard. In Dell laptops mostly it is located on the top right side of the keyboard. Sometimes there is not any type of text written on the print screen key. The text of the print screen is written in different ways.
Some keyboards of Dell have different types of colors as compared to the other keys of the keyboard.
This thing makes it easier for anybody to find the print screen key from the keyboard.
- Now just open the start menu by clicking the windows icon. If you have Windows XP then click the start button located on the left corner of the bottom screen. This can also be done by clicking the windows key from the keyboard.
- In Windows XP select the accessories tab after clicking all programs.
- There will be a painted icon that looks like a cup of paint brushes. Click this icon.
- Now paste your screenshot by clicking Ctrl+V on image paint.
- Now save this file by clicking on the save button that will appear on your screen.
How do I take a screenshot on a Dell laptop computer?
Screenshot with Snipping Tool on Dell Laptop
If you want to choose a different option, use the snapping tool instead.
This is a built-in Windows feature that lets you customize your screen.
To go to the snapping tool, click the Start menu and click ‘Snapping Tool’ in the search section.
The application will appear at your disposal with various options.
Select ‘New’ or press ‘Ctrl + N’ simultaneously.
Choose the format of your choice in which you want to take your screenshot. Rectangular Snap is the default option. There are three other forms:
Free Form Snap: This feature allows you to get your screen in any format.
Window Snap: With Windows Snap, you can capture your active Windows with a single click.
Full-screen snap: Full-screen snap can capture the entire screen at once. This feature is especially useful if you use more than one monitor.
When you have taken your snapshot, press ‘Ctrl + S’ to save your image to your desired location.
How do I take a screenshot on Dell Windows 10?
Here’s how to take a full-screen screenshot of your Dell laptop or desktop:
Click the Print Screen or PrtScn key on your keyboard
In the lower-left corner of your screen, press the Start button and type “Paint”.
How is it possible to take a screenshot on your w10?
Click Windows + GK to call the game bar.
From here, you can press the screenshot button in the game bar or use the default keyboard shortcut Windows + Alt + PrtScn to take a full screenshot.
To set your game bar screenshot keyboard shortcut, go to Settings> Gaming> Gamebar.
How to take a screenshot on a Dell Chromebook?
Sight must be downloaded & installed. It is a “screenshot” program with “screen recording” % photo editing.
With this program, you can quickly take a screenshot and easily edit it.
After this process, run the program and sign. Then press the red “Capture” button.
If you want to take a screenshot, scroll down the screen to automatically select this area.
Then it is suppressed and the area is occupied. You can borrow the hit and drag technique to choose your favorite part.
Then save the screenshot file as an image by clicking the camera icon on the toolbar that appears on your screen.
You can also edit your image on the popup sync editor.
It is possible to add text, effects, shapes, and more.
Save your photo or click the “Share” button in the upper right corner of your screen if you want to share the photo.
Take a screenshot on an HP windows 10?
If you want to copy the screen to the clipboard, press the PrtScn button.
You need to press the Windows + PrtScn key on your keyboard to save the screen to any file.
Use the built-in snipping tool.
Be sure to use the game bar in Windows 10.
Why can’t I take my screenshot on my HP laptop?
Once you can’t take a screenshot by pressing the PrtScn key, you can try again by pressing the Fn + PrtScn, Alt + PrtScn, or Alt + Fn + PrtScn keys together.
Alternatively, you can use the snapping tool in Accessories from the Start menu to take a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on hp envy?
Prn Scr: Pressing the print screen automatically takes a screenshot of the entire screen and saves it to a Windows clipboard.
Prn Scr + Alt: Takes a screenshot of the app used and saves it to the clipboard.
Prn Scr + Windows: It can take a screenshot of the entire display and then save it as a PNG file.
Prn Scr + Windows + Alt: This shortcut uses only a screenshot of the current app in use and saves it as PNG.
Take a screenshot on EliteBook 8440p?
The easiest way is to focus the image you like on the screen and then press ALT + PrintScreen. This takes a shot of your entire screen.
How to Take a Screenshot With Windows 7
Firstly, open Snipping Tool. Tap Esc and then open the menu you would like to capture.
Click Ctrl+Print collectively.
Tap on the arrow next to New and choose Free form, Rectangular, full-screen pr Window.
Now take a snip of the menu.
How to Take a Screenshot With Windows 8
Open Windows 8, head towards the window which you wish to capture and then click on the keys (Windows) and (PrtnScr).
Instantly, the full Desktop body is captured and saved as a JPG file to the folder Screenshots of the Pictures library.
How do I take a screenshot on Windows 10?
Try the Windows+PrntSc keyboard mixture to capture the full screen or try the Snipping Tool to choose a mode select a screenshot delay period, and modify settings from the Options box.
The second way to capture screenshots on Windows 10 is to utilize the Game Bar by choosing Windows+G and choosing the Capture icon to take the screenshot.
How do I take screenshots on a Windows 11 laptop?
You have the similar choices detailed above to take the screenshots by using keyboard shortcuts or Snipping Tool.
In case if your laptop model appoints more than one goal to the PrtSc key, maybe you wish to use the Fn+PrtSc keyboard mixture to save full screenshots.
How do you screenshot a Dell laptop window 10?
To snap the full screen, click the Windows logo key+PrntScrn key together. On your tablet, click the Windows logo button+the volume down button together. [The screenshot will be saved in the Screenshots folder in the gallery]
How do you screenshot a Dell laptop without the print screen button?
To snap an individual active window, tap on the window you need to capture. Click the Alt+Print Screen keys together.
How do I take a screenshot on my laptop?
Click the Windows key and Print Screen at the exact time to capture the entire screen.
Your screen will darken for a minute to reflect a successful snapshot.
Open a picture editing program [Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, and PaintShop Pro will all work]. Open a recent picture and click CTRL+V together to paste the screenshot.
How To screenshot on laptop hp?
Click the Windows key and Print Screen at the equally same time to capture the full screen. Your screen will blur for a moment to reflect a successful snapshot.
Open a picture editing program [Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro will all work].
Open a new picture and click CTRL + V together to paste the screenshot.
You can moreover right-click and tap Paste. Save the file as a JPG or PNG file and place it into a handily available folder for immediate sharing.
How to Take a Screenshot on a Computer?
Tap the PrntScn button to obtain a screenshot of the full screen.
When trying Windows, choosing the Print Screen button [found in the top right of the keyboard] will take a screenshot of your full screen.
Tapping this button practically copies a picture of the screen to the clipboard. So where does it go?
Now you have to unlock Word, Paint, or some other picture editing program to view or to edit or save the picture.
For instance, open Word and choose Ctrl and v together.
This is a quick shortcut rather than right-clicking the mouse and choosing paste.
If you would prefer to capture just the active window then choose the Alt+PrntScn buttons together and paste them into a document like above.
Take a screenshot on Windows laptop?
Windows 10 and Windows 7 both come with a genuine application termed as “Snipping Tool” to snap any screenshot. The app grabs a screenshot and saves it as a picture file without first pasting it to other program.
To do so, go towards the Start Menu and investigate the Snipping Tool.
The application will open with many options such as “Mode” “New”, “Cancel” ‘Delay” and ‘Options’.
The New button will enable users to capture a screenshot on a laptop in whichever form they like [freeform, without any present dimension or shape].
On the other hand, the “Mode” option, enables you to prefer the type of screenshot pattern you need, you can select anything from full screen to rectangular to a free form shape.
The ‘Cancel’ button will settle the process off on other hand the ‘Delay’ option will let you fix
a timer for taking a screenshot.
How do I take a screenshot on Dell laptop Windows 10?
To snap the full screen, click the Windows logo key+Print Screen key together.
On your tablet, click the Windows logo button+the volume down button together. [The screenshot will be saved in the Screenshots folder in the gallery].
How do I take a screenshot on a Dell laptop Windows 7?
With Print Screen [PrntScn] Button.
The Print Screen [PrntScn] button has been with every new computer keyboard since the onset of time.
While the site of the button may be varied from one computer to another one, it is always about near the functions button.
On the Dell laptops, the key is found next to F12.
The locale of print screen button.
Taking screenshots by using the button is as simple as clicking it.
One click will record each and everything that is shown on the screen and leave the result on the clipboard.
If you prefer to capture just the active window, click the Alt key while pressing the PrntScn key.
Because the default number of the element that the clipboard can hold at one time is just one, you must bring the picture out of clipboard before placing any other item there.
To do so, you will require assistance from an picture editor like the classic Paint.
Open the Paint app, build a new document and then paste the picture into the document using Ctrl+V.
So when the screen picture is already in Paint, you can save it anywhere on the hard drive.
There are different methods to take a screenshot on different devices and different operating systems.
Above we have discussed all the possible methods and techniques on how to take a screenshot on HP and DELL laptop.
If you got any issues you can comment down, I love reading and replying to your comments.